[rspec-users] [Cucumber] LinkedIn group & cocktail recipe

Ashley Moran ashley.moran at patchspace.co.uk
Sat Mar 21 21:03:21 EDT 2009

Hi all

For no other good reason than I wanted the Cucumber logo on my
LinkedIn profile - and I'm addicted to creating stuff on LinkedIn - I
created a Cucumber group[1].

Well there is one good reason - more and more people I'm meeting are
looking at Cucumber and using it without considering themselves "RSpec
users".  So I think it'd be good to have a group for Cucumber-focused

In fact I'm starting to think I could expand the coaching I do to non-
Ruby developers/teams who use Cucumber for BDD.  (Or rather -
developers that don't, but *should*.)  Subversively getting them using
Ruby would be a bonus =)

So anyway please join!

On a tangential note, this baryouth I know who works in a coffee-shop/
bar near me surprised me the other day when I asked for a new drink.
He actually went out to a shop to get the magic ingredient, and
produced... a cucumber martini[2]!  Think you need a really fine mesh
to make a real one though.  As I don't have a sweet tooth, I got him
to make it with no sugar.  Think the weather was a bit cold at the
time, but it'd make a nice stiff summer drink.  Slightly bitter but
very refreshing.  If anyone is planning a BDD conference in southern
Italy, these should be on the menu* =)

[1] http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1858343
[2] http://www.drinknation.com/drink/Cucumber-Martini

* Since I'm pretty sure it's working in software development that
turned me alcoholic, I think serving cucumber martinis would be
*justification* for an RSpec/Cucumber conference...