[rspec-users] Are there any example specs for content importers to learn from

Chris Adams chris at stemcel.co.uk
Sat Mar 21 14:06:31 EDT 2009

Hi guys,

This is my first post to the mailing list, so apologies if this kind
of question comes up alot already.

I've been working through the Peepcode screencasts on RSpec, and I'm
trying to what I've been learning into practice to make an importer on
a rails app that takes an xml feed, and imports each entry in the xml
feed into the database, skipping imports if they already exist in the
db.

The thing is, I don't know the best way to do this, as most examples
I've seen only refer to handing objects one at a time.

Could someone point me to a couple of code examples of what importer
specs should look like when written in rspec, or tell me roughly how I
should be approaching this ?

I've put the generic version of the code in this gist, to give an idea
of where I'm headed at the mo, but any feedback would be greatly
appreciated.

https://gist.github.com/38859f947860d4fc45e2

Thanks and have a good weekend,

Chris

--
---
I'm currently only checking my email at 9am, midday and at 4pm.

email: chris at stemcel.co.uk
web:  www.stemcel.co.uk
twitter:chris_d_adams
skype: chris.d.adams