[rspec-users] OT: SIT - how to turn it off

James Byrne lists at ruby-forum.com
Fri Mar 20 16:32:50 EDT 2009

Pardon the intrusion but if somebody knows how to turn off Rails special
treatment of attributes ending in _type and _value I would dearly like
to have this information.

Workarounds are accepted too.

I am trying to initialise an associated row that contains the columns
identifier_type and identifier_value.  The statement

  model.association.create!(:column_type => 'X', :column_value => 'Y')

leaves association.column_type and association.column_value attributes
with VALUES  NULL in the resulting generated SQL code.  I really need
Rails to accept the values that I provide.