[rspec-users] [Cucumber 0.2] Failure to use should

Yi hayafirst at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 10:25:04 EDT 2009

I have a step definition like this:

Then "the account should be created" do
  account = Account.find_by_name("my shiny new account")
  p account.class
  account.should_not be_blank

When running this step, I got the error message:

Account(id: integer, name: string, state: string, next_renewal_at: date,
created_at: datetime, updated_at: datetime, full_domain: string, deleted_at:
datetime, subscription_discount_id: integer, subscription_plan_id: integer)

    And the account should be created              #
      undefined method `be_blank' for
#<ActionController::Integration::Session:0x349994c> (NoMethodError)
      features/create_account.feature:10:in `And the account should be

I print out the account class, which is a AR::B. Why cucumber tells me it is
a ActionController::Integration::Session?

I use cucumber 0.2 and rspec 1.2 with Rails 2.3.2