[rspec-users] custom, nested HTML matchers in RSpec

Phlip phlip2005 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 19:42:17 EDT 2009

Pat Maddox wrote:

> I dunno.  Zach's original attempt hardly "sucks".

That was David Chelimsky's attempt - Zach seconded it. But I was replying to myself.

More important, the tie-breaker here is very simple:

     When the assertion fails, can it
     tell you exactly how to fix things?

That means if you must make the assertion less strict, you should get a clue
_how_ to make it less strict!

> maybe that gets you moving in the right direction.

Don't make me tell you under what circumstances I learned graph theory. (-:

--
   Phlip