[rspec-users] How to use different mocking frameworks?

Val vagostino at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 21:37:23 EDT 2009

I'm pretty new to Rspec, so hope someone can help me out with this.

I'm leveraging a couple pre-existing applications in my current
project, both have fairly robust test suites in Rspec already.
However, one is using Rspec's builit in mocking, and the other is
using mocha.

If I set config.mock_with mocha in spec_helper.rb, then all of the
rspec mocks fail.  If I comment this out, all of the specs with mocha

Is there some way to set the mocking framework on a test and/or file
basis?  I've been all over Google, and can't seem to find a resolution
to this.  I really don't want to have to back through and rewrite
someone else's test suite that is already working.

Thanks in advance for your help,