[rspec-users] Cucumber - adding a step definition

Tim Hart THart at picagroup.com
Fri Mar 13 12:27:40 EDT 2009

List,

Quick question about Cucumber/Gherkin.

I'm considering adding 'With' as a step definition to support scenarios like:

Given a policy
With a PCF practice state
And a secondary risk

I'm fairly new to ruby - but I can't quite get this one figured out. I've tried adding

Cucumber.alias_steps (['With'])

To my features/support/env.rb file, but when I run cucumber, I still get a Syntax error. It looks like my 'with' never gets added to the original list.

Suggestions?
--
Tim Hart
Senior Software Engineer

Disclaimer: This electronic message may contain information that is Confidential or legally privileged. It is intended only for the use of the individual(s) and entity named in the message. If you are not an intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender immediately and delete the material from your computer. Do not deliver, distribute or copy this message and do not disclose its contents or take any action in reliance on the information it contains.