[rspec-users] [cucumber] Performance of 0.1.99?

Joseph Wilk joe at josephwilk.net
Sat Mar 14 12:10:23 EDT 2009

Matt Wynne wrote:

> On 14 Mar 2009, at 10:06, aslak hellesoy wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 7:00 AM, Luke Melia <luke at lukemelia.com> wrote:
>> Has anyone noticed a slowdown in performance of their cucumber suite
>> from 0.1 to 0.2alpha?
>
> Ours is getting slower all the time (as we add more features) so it's
> very hard to say. I've noticed it seems to take a little longer to
> crank up because the features are all parsed first - I'm not sure that
> happened before.
Cuke parsed all the features (well the ones you tell it to) in its
tree structure where we represent a more complex object structure than
before (but not massively I think). And hence we have more complex tree
traversal but again I don't see it being huge.

It would be interesting to see some performance comparisons.

--
Joseph Wilk
http://blog.josephwilk.net