[rspec-users] How do you use pending in RSpec?

Bill Venners bill at artima.com
Fri Mar 13 12:07:52 EDT 2009

Hi Matt and others,

Thanks for your replies. I think I've settled on just using two of
RSpec's pending forms in ScalaTest. If you want to write out a few
spec texts before writing the examples, you'd put pending in parens
where you'd normally put the block of example code:

it("should do something") (pending)

it("should do something else") (pending)

If something breaks during refactoring, you can either ignore the
whole thing by changing it to ignore like this (which already is
supported):

ignore("should do something") {
  // ...
}

Or by puttting a pending with a string inside the example block of code:

it("should do something") {
  // ...
  pending("this won't start working again until I...")
  // ...
}

But I'll leave out the pending form that takes a block.

I appreciate the feedback.

Thanks.

Bill