[rspec-users] [rspec, rails] Restful Routes in controller specs

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 09:39:41 EDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 3:30 AM, Andi Schacke
<memberships.andi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> how is it possible that I can use the restful routes helpers (e.g.
> new_user_path) in controller specs? I browsed the source code but I
> couldn't find the magic. I'm just curious and would appreciate any
> hint...

If you're asking how to do it, you just do. There's nothing you have
to do. They're there for free.

If you're asking how they are there for free, controllers specs wrap
rails functional tests, so they have all the services provided by
rails.

Cheers,
David