[rspec-users] custom, nested HTML matchers in RSpec

Phlip phlip2005 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 23:04:15 EDT 2009

> I haven't tried it yet, but it does seem very useful. The project I'm
> focused on right now is all json all the time, so I don't personally
> have a real world case for this at the moment. Anybody doing an app w/
> html views willing to try this out?

I put it into my current project today (as a >cough< TestCase assertion),
replaced a couple of xpath assertions with it, and showed it to my colleagues.

I injected a fault, and show the diagnostic with the two batches of HTML in it -
the reference and sample.

One of them was like, "Nice, but where's the syntax highlighting?"

This refers to eyes rolling --> @-/