[rspec-users] Cucumber - RSpec matcher

James Byrne lists at ruby-forum.com
Mon Mar 9 13:18:37 EDT 2009

I must be missing something obvious here but I cannot seem to see it.

I have this step definition:

When /entity named "(.*)" has a legal name "(.*)"/ do |name, legal|
  myentity = Entity.find_by_entity_common_name!(name.hll_keycase)
  myentity.entity_legal_name.should equal legal.hll_keycase

Which fails with this:

    And the entity named "Myuser" has a legal name "Myuser Legal Name"
# features/app/models/entities/step_definitions/entity_steps.rb:20
      expected #<ActiveSupport::Multibyte::Chars:0x2b4bb29e73d8
@wrapped_string="myuser legal name">, got "myuser legal name" (using

which to me says that I got what I expected (myuser legal name) but
which fails the equality test nonetheless.

However, if I switch the test to this:

Then the step definition passes.