[rspec-users] what has RSpec got against stack traces?

Pat Maddox pat.maddox at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 13:17:49 EST 2009

On Mar 7, 2009, at 5:49 AM, Phlip wrote:

> Scott Taylor wrote:
>> Go and file a bug report then, but if you only give this level of
>> detail, the bug will never get fixed.
> I am not reporting any bug in RSpec. Read the Subject line.
> I think I know why RSpec has an option (-b) to turn off incomplete
> stack traces. The various Ruby editors have feeble support for Fault
> Navigation. At fault time, I would like keystrokes that move,
> optionally, to each line that threw an error, or each line in
> project code on the stack trace above an error, or even each line in
> library code above an error.

RSpec modifies the stack trace, filtering out internal lines to reduce
noise.  It's possible that it's filtering too much.

Anyway, as Scott has said numerous times, there's not really anything
we can do if you're not interested in helping us help you.  Besides
the suggestion to use the -b switch, anyway.