[rspec-users] what has RSpec got against stack traces?

Phlip phlip2005 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 01:32:54 EST 2009

Here's an error message. The details are not important (beyond to_xml on a
virtual AR database via fixture_dependencies). I know how to work the actual
problem.

   NoMethodError in 'BlogMindMap should create XML'
   undefined method `macro' for nil:NilClass
   spec/blog_mind_map_spec.rb:192:
   spec/blog_mind_map_spec.rb:11:

Line 192 contains neither a stray nil nor a method 'macro'.

The question is why did RSpec throw away the backtrace? Am I the first person in
history to hit a programming error inside RSpec??

--
   Phlip