[rspec-users] Cucumber + Webrat + Selenium + ActionMailer

Manasi v vora.manasi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 07:49:38 EST 2009

> Yeap everything worked like a charm, once again checking email contents
> like there is no tomorrow ;-)
>
> Rai
> --

Hi Rai,

Good that you have found a solution..

but I still don't understand why you want to test sending mails from the
browser. In my project, we use Cucumber + Webrat for writing functional
features.
and Cucumber + selenium for acceptance features.

Functional tests can enable ruby code and test for the number of mails sent
and to whom, etc
Acdeptance only tests what the user would see..

Let me know if it makes sense.. and it would be great if you could elaborate
on your purpose of testing mails from the browser...

Thanks,
Manasi