[rspec-users] --options file quirky with --drb

Higgaion BrianPatrickDunn at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 16:18:34 EST 2009

On Mar 5, 1:09 pm, David Chelimsky <dchelim... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 12:32 PM, Higgaion <BrianPatrickD... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > putting --drb in my spec.opts file has some unexpected results.
>
> > $ spec --drb --colour --format specdoc --loadby mtime --reverse -G
> > spec/spec.opts
> > $ spec spec/models/a_model_spec.rb -O spec/spec.opts
> > $
>
> > it just returns right away, with no output.
>
> What version of rspec are you running? This should be fixed in git.

rspec 1.1.12.

i installed the plugins from git, as per the instructions here:
http://wiki.github.com/dchelimsky/rspec/rails
and it worked beautifully, as in spec_server and autospec talking
together*

one issue: now all of my route generation specs that illustrate
differentiation on http method are failing. ex:

Test::Unit::AssertionFailedError in 'UsersController route generation
should route users's 'update' action correctly'
The recognized options <{"action"=>"show", "id"=>"1",
"controller"=>"users"}> did not match <{"action"=>"update", "id"=>"1",
"controller"=>"users"}>, difference: <{"action"=>"update"}>

here it thought put was get.

i guess that's why its the edge version :)

* with one minor change:

vendor/plugins/rspec/lib/spec/runner/drb_command_line.rb
-          DRb.start_service("druby://localhost:0")
+          DRb.start_service("druby://127.0.0.1:0")

i always have to change that because i build ruby from macports.