[rspec-users] --options file quirky with --drb

Higgaion BrianPatrickDunn at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 13:32:00 EST 2009

putting --drb in my spec.opts file has some unexpected results.

$ spec --drb --colour --format specdoc --loadby mtime --reverse -G
$ spec spec/models/a_model_spec.rb -O spec/spec.opts

it just returns right away, with no output.

$ spec --colour --format specdoc --loadby mtime --reverse -G spec/
$ spec spec/models/campaign_spec.rb -O spec/spec.opts
lots of pretty spec output

interestingly, if i include a spec file in the call that generates the
options file, like
$ spec spec/models/campaign_spec.rb --drb --colour --format specdoc --
loadby mtime --reverse -G spec/spec.opts
then running those options like this works as expected, even with --
$ spec spec/models/a_model_spec.rb -O spec/spec.opts

of course, that isn't a very useful way to use rspec, and its
incompatible with my rspec holy grail dreams:

it seems that this would be a problem with options file loading, no?
anyone else able to reproduce this issue?