[rspec-users] [cucumber] Cucumber and CI

nicholas a. evans nick at ekenosen.net
Wed Mar 4 12:04:54 EST 2009

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 6:25 AM, Dan North <tastapod at gmail.com> wrote:
> Marking a feature as done can be as simple as moving it between two
> directories (called in-progress and done), renaming the feature (from
> openid_login.in-progress to openid_login.feature) or having an :in_progress
> tag on a feature until it's done.

I started out with using an in-process directory, but now I prefer to
use a pending step:

Given ...
And ...
And the rest of this scenario is pending: see ticket number #1234, in
progress (2009.03.04)
When I ...
And ...
Then ...

That way, the build won't break even if some of the steps have already
been implemented (e.g. for other scenarios), and I can organize my
scenarios according to their final destination (dir and feature file),
without needing to worry as much about current status.  But I do need
to make sure I insert the appropriate "pending" steps prior to "svn
commit" / "bzr push",