[rspec-users] Cucumber for large projects

Stephen Eley sfeley at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 23:44:02 EST 2009

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 5:06 AM, aidy lewis <aidy.lewis at googlemail.com> wrote:
> To me the user\customer should be involved in the creation of the
> stories and the acceptance criteria and by producing a pdf later in
> the cycle for those stakeholders to read and understand may be argued
> as something that is not Story-Driven-Development and more like
> comprehendible automated tests.

There's more than one way to skin a ca...a cucumber.  In my
organization, people are definitely invested in what I intend to
build, and we do discuss requirements.  But if I tried to tell them,
"All right, I need all of us to sit down and write scenarios in a
particular text file format for all of our critical path success and
failure cases," I would just get blank stares.  They wouldn't Get It.
And I don't see it as a necessary part of my job to drag everyone else
into this culture, if I can just document my best understanding and
then show them the results for feedback.

Have Fun,
   Steve Eley (sfeley at gmail.com)