[rspec-users] Cucumber for large projects

Pat Maddox pat.maddox at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 19:41:11 EST 2009

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 2:06 AM, aidy lewis <aidy.lewis at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi Matt/Dan
> 2009/3/2 Matt Wynne <matt at mattwynne.net>:
>> At the moment, IMO, the tools for feeding back the features to non-technical
>> people are pretty immature. My colleague Dan Lucraft wrote a tool which
>> produces a nicely-formatted PDF document from your features folder[1] which
>> is great, but won't work with the new version (0.2) of Cucumber when it's
>> released as the API against which such formatters are written has undergone
>> some significant changes for the new version.
>> [1]http://www.daniellucraft.com/blog/2009/01/features_report/
> To me the user\customer should be involved in the creation of the
> stories and the acceptance criteria and by producing a pdf later in
> the cycle for those stakeholders to read and understand may be argued
> as something that is not Story-Driven-Development and more like
> comprehendible automated tests.

Not quite.  Some customers don't want to sit down next to you as you
write the stories.  In that situation, we'll talk about features, I
take notes, then I write up the features and ship them via email or
wiki.  They're still involved in the creation of stories and
acceptance criteria, they're just not present when those criteria get
entered into cucumber features.