[rspec-users] Cucumber for large projects

Mischa Fierer f.mischa at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 04:08:54 EST 2009

Speed will possibly become a big issue once you get above 1-2k steps or so.
Testjour was written to solve this:

While I haven't been able to use it myself, since I work mostly from home,
it apparently radically reduces the time it takes to run features.

The only other tip I have for using cucumber in big projects is to make sure
that you stay on top of small changes to code that don't break features, but
over time end up changing what is happening to the point that, while the
test passes, it is no longer testing what you think it is testing. So, like
Matt said, it's a good idea to keep on top of things.  However, this is a
minor issue and not cucumber specific.