[rspec-users] [cucumber] Cucumber and Chronic

Tim Walker walketim at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 20:55:53 EST 2009

Absolutely. I'd respectfully suggest that this is more a requirement
of the way the step definition or test fixture that implements the
feature needs to behave than the intent of describing time based logic
in a natural language such that product owners, ba's etc. can write
them (i.e. Cucumber, FitNesse, etc). That Chronic takes into
consideration the things you mention (time zone, DST, Leap Years,
etc), is simply an imperative of it. Anyway, I think it fits
hand-in-glve with Cucumber and BDD in general. Just for the record, I
have no vested interest in Chronic and really don't know who even
authored it, but I can say it's looking pretty awesome in our own
Cucumber tests.

Thanks,

Tim