[rspec-users] Cucumber Feature Scenario critique

Mark Wilden mark at mwilden.com
Mon Mar 2 12:07:45 EST 2009

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 7:31 AM, James Byrne <lists at ruby-forum.com> wrote:

> Whether or not a client is a
> stand-alone design element or is dependent upon a superior element of
> abstraction is really quite beside the point insofar as the presentation
> of the system to the user is concerned.

I like to focus on that key word, "presentation," meaning what a user
sees on a screen or a piece of paper. The only truly important part of
a system is its physical output. Everything else is subservient to
that end.

Define an output ("customer balance on web page"). Define how to make
that happen, via a story/feature. Repeat.