[rspec-users] testing multiple sessions in cucumber/webrat

Ben Mabey ben at benmabey.com
Sun Mar 1 22:46:39 EST 2009

Joe Van Dyk wrote:
> Is it possible to have a scenario where you are testing the
> interaction between two different session?
>
> i.e.
>
> Given User A clicks this link
> Then User B should see this
>
> It used to be possible, but don't know if it still is.
>
> Joe

Have you tried creating a new webrat session?  I haven't looked into it
myself, but like you said it was possible.  Not much has changed with
the underling rails integration session so I imagine that if you just
created a new webrat session and used that for user B then you should be
fine.  (So, you will have to store this second session as an instance
var in the other session.. kinda odd but I would try it.)  I would be
interested to hear if this works, so please report back.  BTW, you might
get some better answers on the webrat mailing list.

-Ben