[rspec-users] testing multiple sessions in cucumber/webrat

Zach Dennis zach.dennis at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 21:14:17 EST 2009

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 8:04 PM, Joe Van Dyk <joevandyk at gmail.com> wrote:
> So you're saying no?  :D

It is possible, you simply have to logout from UserA and log in as
UserB. Also, although it's not exposed with webrat IIRC it is possible
to have selenium run to separate browsers at the same time. You could
theoretically have UserA and UserB logged in concurrently doing their
thing,

Zach

> On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 5:17 PM, BJ Clark <bj at aboutus.org> wrote:
>> Joe,
>> I would test this in 2 steps.
>> I'd first test that whatever state change (or whatever happens when you User
>> A clicks the link) takes place.
>> Then in another test, I'd check that, given a certain state (or again,
>> whatever is supposed to happen), then User B sees whatever.
>> HTH,
>> BJ Clark
>>
>> On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 12:04 PM, Joe Van Dyk <joe at pinkpucker.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> Is it possible to have a scenario where you are testing the
>>> interaction between two different session?
>>>
>>> i.e.
>>>
>>> Given User A clicks this link
>>> Then User B should see this
>>>
>>> It used to be possible, but don't know if it still is.
>>>
>>> Joe

Zach Dennis
http://www.continuousthinking.com
http://www.mutuallyhuman.com