[rspec-users] RSpec not failing when requesting missing method/view

mBread mbread at m-bread.com
Sat Jun 27 12:20:25 EDT 2009

David Chelimsky-2 wrote:
> That is by design. RSpec is about spec'ing things in isolation,
> whereas cucumber is about spec'ing things end to end. RSpec controller
> specs are about *controllers*, not views, so the presence and/or
> validity of a view should not impact the controller spec.

It was the 'no action responded to...' error, which I believe is to do with
methods existing in the controller, not the 'template is missing' error
regarding a missing view (I wasn't aware of the second one when I made the
first post). I didn't realise that error would disappear when a view exists
but no methods, so I see now that it is an integration issue, not a unit
issue. Thanks