[rspec-users] When spec/test/unit is used then TestUnit Console Runner.run TestCase does not run testcases

marekj marekj.com at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 15:47:30 EDT 2009

Hi, I have some old test/unit testcases (used for browser acceptance
tests) that I want to convert to rspec.
I first started converting assertions to matchers  and my tests ran
fine using TestRunner.run method

1) Here is my test that works when Spec::Matchers were added to TestUnit only

require 'test/unit'
require 'spec/expectations'
class Test::Unit::TestCase
  include Spec::Matchers
end

class Test_spec < Test::Unit::TestCase
  def test_a
    'a'.should == 'a'

# TestRunner
require 'test/unit/ui/console/testrunner'
puts "before runner some code"
Test::Unit::UI::Console::TestRunner.run Test_spec
puts "after runner some code"

The reason I use TestRunner is for some browser driving and desktop
cleanup and other non test stuff.
Then console runner runs testcase and I follow with some other code
(email, notifications etc...)

When I now started using 'spec/test/unit' the Console runner will not run tests.

2) here is the setup with 'spec/test/unit' that does not run

require 'spec/test/unit'
class Test_spec < Test::Unit::TestCase
  def test_a
    'a'.should == 'a'

# This now will not run Test_spec class
require 'test/unit/ui/console/testrunner'
puts "before runner"
Test::Unit::UI::Console::TestRunner.run Test_spec
puts "after runner"

== I use rspec 1.2.7 (with Ruby 1.8.6 on Windows)

Am I missing something?
I would appreciate feedback
Thanks.

marekj

Watirloo: Semantic Page Objects in UseCases
http://github.com/marekj/watirloo/