[rspec-users] Can't use Cucumber with Webrat and Selenium

Auto Bot lists at ruby-forum.com
Thu Jun 18 21:51:57 EDT 2009

John Small wrote:
> Well I can't help you but I do have a similar problem. In my case
> Cucumber-Selenium works, Cucumber-Webrat works but Cucmber-Webrat-
> Selenium doesn't work because Webrat issues requests to www.example.com
> and Selenium starts up a mongrel on localhost:3001, connects to it via
> Firefox and then throws up when it gets a request to go to
> www.example.com.
> I need to find a way to change the host name that Webrat uses when it
> connects via Selenium.

In env.rb

Webrat.configure do |config|
  config.mode = :selenium
  config.application_environment = :test

# Tell where the application is running on for selenium to test
  config.application_address = "#{app_server_host}"
  config.application_port = "#{app_port}"

# Tell where selenium server is running on, when not specified defaults
to nil (server starts in webrat process and runs locally)
  config.selenium_server_address = "#{selenium_server_host}"
  config.selenium_server_port = "4444"

# Set the key that Selenium uses to determine the browser running
  config.selenium_browser_key = '#{browser}'