[rspec-users] Spork and Merb and rSpec

Andy Shipman andy at cllearview.com
Thu Jun 18 17:42:57 EDT 2009

On 16 Jun 2009, at 22:11, Tim Harper wrote:

> I'm interested to hear your experience with Spork and Merb.  Right
> now Spork is doing some hooks in to rails (that are actually kind of
> aggressive right now) to help make spork work more out of the box -
> specifically, preventing rails from preloading application models
> and controllers before the fork occurs.
>
> Be sure to run spork -d and look to see which files are being
> preloaded. Every file listed there will be cached and not reloaded
> until spork is restarted.
>
> Tim

On a brand new merb app, its clear that Spork isn't going to work too
well for me then!

6> ~/dev/spork-test % spork -d
Using RSpec
- Spork Diagnosis -
-- Summary --
app/controllers/application.rb
app/controllers/exceptions.rb
app/helpers/global_helpers.rb
app/models/user.rb
config/dependencies.rb
config/environments/test.rb
config/init.rb
config/router.rb
merb/merb-auth/setup.rb
merb/merb-auth/strategies.rb
merb/session/session.rb
spec/spec_helper.rb

Looking at the way that you're dealing with Rails, and given my lack
of understanding of Merb internals, I'm not sure that I'm going to get
too far, tbh.

Any suggestions as to where to start to review this to see if it _can_
be made to work? Or should I just wait until Merb becomes Rails 3 ;-)

Andy