[rspec-users] shared examples sharing methods

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 11:21:29 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 10:14 AM, Andrew Premdas<apremdas at gmail.com> wrote:
> Please have a look at
> http://gist.github.com/131277
> What I'd like to do is create a shared_examples group which I can parametize
> a method. So my shared example would perhaps use method named_address=, or
> set_named_address and then groups that behave like "Named address" would be
> able to override this method so it sets the correct address e.g. the last
> billing address

Here's the short version: There's been a lot of discussion on this
list about parameterizing shared examples. Basically, given the
current design it can't happen, and macros are a perfectly good
solution to the problem, so there's not much incentive to change the
design.

I'll try to follow up later with a recommendation about a macro,
unless somebody else beats me to it :)

Cheers,
David