[rspec-users] I am having a problem testing a date in a rails view

powertoaster powertoaster at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 12 12:19:16 EDT 2009

This is not an rspec failure message. What other gems do you have at play?

Also, what versions of rspec, rspec-rails, ruby, rails, OS, etc?

Rails 2.3.2
Ruby 1.8
Rspec 1.2.6
calendar_date_select 1.15 (I am not using this on the index page)
validates_date_time plugin in the model

Running on windows using RubyMine 1.1.

I am using the default index.html.erb_spec.rb file generated from the
rspec-scaffold generator but added the fields for the tsdate since the
generator ignored that field for all of the view specs. It is in the model
stuff but none of the view specs. I assumed that it did not like the date
datatype in views.

In my index page I do use a custom date formatter
timesheets.tsdate.to_s(:timesheet) which I have defined in an initializers
time_formats.rb file.