[rspec-users] Problem while generating rspec model in Rails Project

Ninad Pol lists at ruby-forum.com
Fri Jun 12 06:35:01 EDT 2009

I am new to testing and Rspec. I have one rails project created on my
In this project under \app\models i have a file called "client.rb" which
has been already created. Now i want to generate spec file for this
model for which i am using command:

ruby script/generate rspec_model Client

Now with this command along with spec file, a file called "client.rb"
will also be generated under \app\models. But in my case since the file
"client.rb" is already present,with above command i am getting following

>ruby script/generate rspec_model Client

The name 'Client' is either already used in your application or reserved
by Ru
by on Rails.
Please choose an alternative and run this generator again.

Platform and Version details:

Windows xp-professional
Ruby 1.8.6
Rails 2.3.2
Gem 1.3.1
I have also attached console snapshot for same.

I haven't found any help related to this.Ideally in such cases it should
ask for the message regarding "whether you want to overwrite file
client.rb ? "

So can anybody please help me out regarding this issue. whether this is
related to version problem or what else earliest?