[rspec-users] Problem while generating rspec model in Rails Project

Ninad Pol lists at ruby-forum.com
Fri Jun 12 06:35:01 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am new to testing and Rspec. I have one rails project created on my
machine.
In this project under \app\models i have a file called "client.rb" which
has been already created. Now i want to generate spec file for this
model for which i am using command:

ruby script/generate rspec_model Client

Now with this command along with spec file, a file called "client.rb"
will also be generated under \app\models. But in my case since the file
"client.rb" is already present,with above command i am getting following
message:

>ruby script/generate rspec_model Client

The name 'Client' is either already used in your application or reserved
by Ru
by on Rails.
Please choose an alternative and run this generator again.

Suggestions:

customer
node
guest

Platform and Version details:

Windows xp-professional
Ruby 1.8.6
Rails 2.3.2
Gem 1.3.1
I have also attached console snapshot for same.

I haven't found any help related to this.Ideally in such cases it should
ask for the message regarding "whether you want to overwrite file
client.rb ? "

So can anybody please help me out regarding this issue. whether this is
related to version problem or what else earliest?

Attachments:
http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/3812/rspec_model_generation.JPG