[rspec-users] Mock and Stub objects

Stephen Eley sfeley at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 15:00:05 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 12:56 PM, David Chelimsky<dchelimsky at gmail.com> wrote:
> This may be true in some cases, but generally with validations the
> controller passes the params straight through to the model without
> caring about them in any way. In those cases, where the controller is
> only interacting with methods that are part of AR::Base, you're not
> really risking a validation change effecting the controller's
> behaviour.

This is a good point.  I think I got a little too zoomed in on the
example.  (In which that wasn't entirely clear, as it did focus on
specific attributes being passed.)  I stand corrected, thank you.

> I run the specs after every change (using autospec). For this to work
> effectively, the specs need to run fast. This is one of the benefits,
> in my view, of having two separate tools for dealing at different
> views of the code (i.e. RSpec and Cucumber).

And it's why the active side project I really *am* spending time on
right now is a smarter, more human-efficient replacement for Autospec.

But enough of that until I can actually show something for it.

Have Fun,
   Steve Eley (sfeley at gmail.com)