[rspec-users] Adding specs to engines

Hendrik Volkmer hvolkmer at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 16:25:30 EDT 2009

Hi!

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 5:33 AM, ru_ghetto<ru_ghetto at rubyghetto.com> wrote:
> I am breaking an app into a bunch of rails 2.x style engine plugins.
> The app is already tested with rspec and I am trying to figure out how
> to get autotest or even rake spec to run the examples in the plugins.

We use our dry_plugin_test_helper [1] to test our engines. The TODOs
at the bottom of the README are solved. So it should work with RSpec.

You should use PluginTestEnvironment.initialize_engines_environment
instead of PluginTestEnvironment.initialize_environment for engines
tests/specs.

Cheers,
Hendrik

http://github.com/imedo/dry_plugin_test_helper/tree/master