[rspec-users] Driving Out A View - Am I specifying too much?

Lee Lee.Longmore at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 5 11:54:00 EDT 2009

I am driving out a view that renders a list of items with which a
logged in member is associated.

Against each item, one or more links may be rendered according to the
member's role with respect to the item (item owner, item
administrator, regular user etc). Each link represents a type of
function that the member can perform on the item (edit, delete, invite
etc), and the range of functions may differ across the items according
to the member's role for each item.

When specifying the view, should I include examples to specify which
links should appear against an item for each potential role of a
member? Or is this going too far?

Here is an example list for a member:

item 1  view edit delete (member is the owner of this item)
item 2  view edit invite (member a regular user of this item)
item 3  view (member has no role association with this item but can
view it)

Thanks.