[rspec-users] Example group parallel execution

Joe Ocampo agilejoe at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 10:44:38 EDT 2009

So I am working on a project right now where we are combining Selenium and
RSpec.  It was working really well until we implemented the grid and started
to do parallel execution on the specs to help speed things up. We are
rolling are own framework as DeepTest did not really provide the facilities
we were hoping.

Our problem is that we have mutiple context per file.  Currently the Thread
runner executes the files in paralle per file. As you can imagine this isn't
very efficient once the grid executes it, as it simply turns a prallel
prococess back into a serial one once it parses the file.  My question is
where should I hook into RSpec to incercept the call of when the example
group "context" is being executed as an atomic unit?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Joe Ocampo
agilejoe.lostechies.com