[rspec-users] Mock should receive no messages?

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 14:26:18 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 2:01 PM, David Chelimsky <dchelimsky at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 12:46 PM, Sebastian W. <lists at ruby-forum.com> wrote:
>> Hello all,
>> Is there a way to explicitly tell a mock to expect no messages and give
>> an error if it does? I believe this is the default behavior, but thought
>> it might be nice for code readers to see.
>
> You can tell it to expect not to receive a specific message, but there
> is no way to say that it should not receive any messages.

Maybe not explicitly but doesn't isn't making a mock with no
expectations effectively the same thing:

describe "an object which should not get any messages" do
  it "should not receive any messages" do
    o = mock("Object")
    o.foo

Mock 'Object' received unexpected message :foo with (no args)

--
Rick DeNatale