[rspec-users] basic noob questions

BJ Clark bj at aboutus.org
Sat Jul 25 00:45:38 EDT 2009

Norm,

I don't test instantiation and then saving, I test successful and
unsuccessful creation.

By testing this concern, I don't need to worry about expectations or
mocks, I actually create the object (or not!) and then test that the
controller behaves the way I expect it to in these situations.

Its probably not important that Govtpostion receives "new". It's
important that when it receives new with the proper things, and then
saves, that it behaves a certain way. And when it doesn't receive the
proper things, it acts another way.

Hope that helps,

BJ Clark