[rspec-users] [RAILS] - 2.3.3 creating a sea of red

Stephen Eley sfeley at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 00:06:51 EDT 2009

2009/7/21 mpd <mpd at particularplace.com>:
> I'm sure this is due to some Rails change, but I can't find any info
> about it. Only running my specs is broken, both via rake and the spec
> command. I can use script/console with both test and development
> environments with no problems, and the app looks to be running fine.
> It just looks like a load-order problem somewhere, but I'm not sure
> where to start debugging.

I can't really help, except to say that I'm also running Rails 2.3.3
and I'm *not* seeing this error.   I'm not running fixtures, however
(I use Machinist) so that might help you pin it down.  Also, grepping
for the "abstract_class?" method shows that it's defined in
ActiveRecord::Base.  You might try diffing between 2.3.2 and 2.3.3 on
whatever code loads fixtures for test cases; it might be that 2.3.3
does fixtures a little bit differently or something.

Have Fun,
   Steve Eley (sfeley at gmail.com)