[rspec-users] [RAILS] - 2.3.3 creating a sea of red

mpd mpd at particularplace.com
Tue Jul 21 14:14:25 EDT 2009

hello,

I've already asked via Rails channels on this and have received no
response, so I'm asking here in hopes someone has run into something
similar.

I updated to rails 2.3.3 yesterday, and now all of my specs are
failing with the following error:

Fixture::FormatError in 'PublishedGallery Methods#thumbnail should
delegate to its lead asset'
a YAML error occurred parsing /Users/mpd/timber/spec/fixtures/
galleries.yml. Please note that YAML must be consistently indented
using spaces. Tabs are not allowed. Please have a look at
http://www.yaml.org/faq.html
The exact error was:
  NoMethodError: undefined method `abstract_class?' for Object:Class

A full stack trace (and other info like the list of system gems) is
available at: http://gist.github.com/151492

The real problem has nothing to do with YAML. I can go green right now
by changing RAILS_GEM_VERSION in environment.rb back to 2.3.2.

I'm sure this is due to some Rails change, but I can't find any info
about it. Only running my specs is broken, both via rake and the spec
command. I can use script/console with both test and development
environments with no problems, and the app looks to be running fine.
It just looks like a load-order problem somewhere, but I'm not sure
where to start debugging.

thanks