[rspec-users] Cucumber step or model spec?

Lee Hambley lee.hambley at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 19:01:30 EDT 2009

Marcelo,
My take on this is that if your business user wants to make sure that there
are only active products displayed, then it should be in a story.

There may be a question about speccing the implementation; however if you
are using a named scope - you might argue that you are testing a library
(and thus, you shouldn't bother, as the library should test itself.) I would
consider a simple spec for named scope to prove that it works.

With the named scope tested you can mention it incidentally in your story
and not get too hung up on the exact details.

I've just noticed I've been writing this draft for so long, David C has also
answered, I am as interested as you to read that, so HTH.

-- Lee Hambley

Twitter: @leehambley
Blog: http://lee.hambley.name/
Working with Rails: http://is.gd/1s5W1