[rspec-users] Cucumber step or model spec?

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa celoserpa at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 18:30:03 EDT 2009

Hello list,

 I have an example/spec that relates to the Product#index view and
says "it should display only the active products". The thing is the
logic to filter the active products should be in the model, and not on
the view, since the view should be "dumb". I just realized that, and
what I think is, even though this statement has business value, it is
not lower level enough to be a view spec, nor a model or controller
spec -- it should be a cucumber step, if any.

Could someone enlighten-me, here? :)

Thanks in advance,