[rspec-users] [ANN] rspec 1.2.8 Released

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 07:10:14 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 11:39 PM, Ben Mabey<ben at benmabey.com> wrote:
> David Chelimsky wrote:
>>
>> rspec version 1.2.8 has been released!
>>
>> * <http://rspec.info>
>> * <http://rubyforge.org/projects/rspec>
>> * <http://github.com/dchelimsky/rspec/wikis>
>> * <rspec-users at rubyforge.org>
>> * <rspec-devel at rubyforge.org>
>>
>> Behaviour Driven Development for Ruby.
>>
>> Changes:
>>
>> ### Version 1.2.8 / 2008-07-16
>>
>> * enhancements
>>  * better messages for should[_not] be_nil (Chad Humphries and Rob
>> Sanheim)
>>  * should and should_not accept optional custom message
>>    (suggestion from Rob Sanheim)
>>

> Ahh, very nice.  I've been wanting something like this for a while.  For
> those interested in how to use this feature check out the examples in this
> cucumber feature for it:
>
> http://github.com/dchelimsky/rspec/blob/1420b6f02f5fe2ba97286d895b8215617f80d4a6/features/matchers/define_matcher_with_user_customizable_message.feature

Thanks for pointing that out, Ben, but that was an earlier commit and
the API changed (before the release, of course). Here's the current
cucumber feature for this that shipped w/ the release:

http://github.com/dchelimsky/rspec/blob/aa1d064b258a20e4655efe527891acc7f04ec6b2/features/expectations/customized_message.feature

Cheers,
David