[rspec-users] [ANN] rspec 1.2.8 Released

Ben Mabey ben at benmabey.com
Fri Jul 17 00:39:57 EDT 2009

David Chelimsky wrote:
> rspec version 1.2.8 has been released!
>
> * <http://rspec.info>
> * <http://rubyforge.org/projects/rspec>
> * <http://github.com/dchelimsky/rspec/wikis>
> * <rspec-users at rubyforge.org>
> * <rspec-devel at rubyforge.org>
>
> Behaviour Driven Development for Ruby.
>
> Changes:
>
> ### Version 1.2.8 / 2008-07-16
>
> * enhancements
>   * better messages for should[_not] be_nil (Chad Humphries and Rob Sanheim)
>   * should and should_not accept optional custom message
>     (suggestion from Rob Sanheim)

Ahh, very nice.  I've been wanting something like this for a while.  For
those interested in how to use this feature check out the examples in
this cucumber feature for it:

http://github.com/dchelimsky/rspec/blob/1420b6f02f5fe2ba97286d895b8215617f80d4a6/features/matchers/define_matcher_with_user_customizable_message.feature

Thanks for the release.

-Ben