[rspec-users] Should deleting code require failing specs?

Matt Wynne matt at mattwynne.net
Thu Jul 16 18:06:28 EDT 2009

On 15 Jul 2009, at 23:03, Adam Anderson wrote:

> Sometimes when features are asked to be removed it doesn't make
> sense to specify that they shouldn't be there. It seems to me that
> removing something from a tested app should not entail writing a
> failing spec for that change. I'm curious if people have different
> opinions or insights on this.

I think it depends on whether there's a chance the change you're
making to remove the feature could regress somehow. If you feel the
need to hem that potential regression in with a test then do it. If
you're just chopping off loose code that nobody cares about anymore,
chop if off and move on.

+447974 430184
matt at mattwynne.net