[rspec-users] Routes helpers work differently from helper examples compared to page rendering

Ed Ruder ed.ruder at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 15:03:57 EDT 2009

I don't think that ticket applies to my problem--as I read it,
https://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/5645/tickets/843 is about
enhancing RSpec with additional routing tests/specs.

My issue is that in the context of a helper spec, when calling route
helpers (_url/_path methods) from a helper, a different Rails code
path is executed, giving different results in some cases.  This means
that sometimes your helper specs pass when the helper "in the wild"
doesn't do what's spec'd--you cannot trust your specs!

Thoughts?

Ed