[rspec-users] Integrate or isolate views?

Pat Maddox pat.maddox at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 03:49:19 EDT 2009

If your controllers are fat, test in isolation.  For skinny
controllers I will sometimes forgo controller specs altogether and
implicitly verify the integration through cucumber features.
Sometimes there's something funky that makes the cucumber failure
output difficult to interpret, and controller specs can make it easy
to pinpoint.

Pat