[rspec-users] Cucumber resource routes

Peter Fitzgibbons peter.fitzgibbons at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 09:10:34 EST 2009

Hi all,

I'm missing something basic here.

Inside ./features/support/paths.rb I want to use a
ActionController::Resources helper for Products as mapped in routes.rb

./routes.rb
map.resource :product

./features/support/paths.rb (abbreviated for clarity)
def path_to(page_name)
  case page_name
  when /Product (\d+)/
    project_path(:id => $1)
  else
    raise "Can't find mapping from \"#{page_name}\" to a path."

rake features
    Given I go to Product 1 page         #
features/step_definitions/webrat_steps.rb:6
      undefined method `project_path' for
#<ActionController::Integration::Session:0xb6eec0d0> (NoMethodError)

So, can someone tell me the horribly obvious that I've missed?

Peter Fitzgibbons
(847) 687-7646
Email: peter.fitzgibbons at gmail.com
IM GTalk: peter.fitzgibbons