[rspec-users] simple == with prettier error messages + good documentation

r_j_h_box-sf at yahoo.com r_j_h_box-sf at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 29 16:56:31 EST 2009

I do like try_to do...end.or_report - much better for the case where I'm not trying to generate documentation.

I'm not sure it works so well for the case where I want to generate an extra element of documentation, though this might be just an implementation detail.

.or_report
.or_document
.or_gripe
.or_complain

One of the first two could generate documentation, and one of the others might generate none.

Randy

From: Nick Hoffman <nick at deadorange.com>

On 29/01/2009, at 4:27 PM, aslak hellesoy wrote:
> http://gist.github.com/54758

Putting the message at the end is a great idea! I still think that naming the method (and thus starting the block) with "on_failure" is a bit misleading when read aloud...but maybe that's not a big concern for you guys?

What do you think about this modification to #3?:
http://gist.github.com/54770