[rspec-users] [Cucumber, TextMate Bundle] Call for help

Ben Mabey ben at benmabey.com
Wed Jan 28 16:26:48 EST 2009

On 1/28/09 12:43 PM, Matt Wynne wrote:

> On 28 Jan 2009, at 16:54, Ben Mabey wrote:
>
>> Hey all,
>> As some of you may know I created the Cucumber TextMate bundle:
>> http://github.com/bmabey/cucumber-tmbundle/tree/master
>>
>> What most of you probably don't know is that I stopped using TextMate
>> (in favor of Vim) several months ago.  Since then the Cucumber bundle
>> has been somewhat neglected by me and I've mostly pulled in patches
>> and regenerated the syntax for new languages.  I think there are a
>> lot of cool things that could still be done with the bundle (see the
>> TODO list in the README), but I just don't see myself doing a lot of
>> them without the motivation I once had.
>>
>> Is there anyone on the list with the motivation to take the lead on
>> this project and start adding new features to it?  There is a little
>> bit of cruft from the old rspec story runner bundle but all in all
>> the code is reasonably clean with specs behind it.  I'm still happy
>> to help out, but I don't see myself moving too fast without other
>> contributors. :)
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Ben
>
> I'd probably be willing - I use it every day so I'd like to give
> something back. What does this involve?

Thanks Matt.  Doesn't involve much.. just fork the repo on github and
start adding any features that you think would be cool to have. :)
(I'll continue to take pull requests and do little tweaks here and
there.)  I updated the TODO section on the readme for all the things I
think should/could be done.  For example, I began implementing a "Goto
Step" command but I never actually implemented the StepDetector class to
do all the work.  So seeing how that hooks up and implementing the class
might be a good starting point.  Feel free to make any design decisions
you want to.

-Ben